Re: Poll on teleconferences

From: Marinacci Joshua (Nokia-TECH/Sunnyvale) <joshua.marinacci@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 22:07:36 +0000
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>
Iím sorry I missed the teleconference.  The family has been sick lately with various colds so I havenít been online much.

A quick introduction:

Iím a designer/engineer/researcher at Nokia TECH. My team prototypes new ideas for other product and research teams inside of Nokia. We are especially interested in wirelessly connecting sensors using web technology. Before Nokia I was a developer advocate at Palm for webOS, and before that I spent 5 years doing GUI stuff at Sun on the Swing, NetBeans, and JavaFX teams.

My background is in graphics, visualization, and usability. While I used to be an expert in Java, these days I prototype pretty much everything in HTML 5 and Javascript; whether itís focused at desktop, mobile, or embedded. (Raspberry Pi for the win).  Iím also doing some Arduino and BLE work in C, but as these devices get more powerful I hope to move them to JS as well.

Thanks,

- Josh