Basic Terms and Definitions

From: 전종홍 <hollobit@etri.re.kr>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 12:20:09 +0000
To: "public-wot-ig@w3.org" <public-wot-ig@w3.org>
Dear all,

I have gathered some key terminologies on wik[1]i. I’d like to propose the definitions that we need to use together as below. Please let me know how do you think about it.

- WoT Server
  : WoT Server is a component resident in the WoT device and is the entry point to the WoT Application and Service for all the requests coming from other component.

- WoT Device
  :a WoT device is a "Thing" which enabled WoT connectivity. a “Thing” in Web of Things (WoT) can be any object that has a unique identifier and which can send/receive web resources (including information and data) over a network.
    WoT devices are connected any devices to the Web and provide information about themselves or about their surroundings (e.g. information sensed by the connected sensors) over a network (to other devices or servers/storage) or allow actuation upon the physical entities/environment around them remotely.

- WoT Client
  :a logical entity that accesses an WoT Resource on an WoT Server

- WoT Functionality
  :the base/core functionality contained in any WoT Device

- WoT Resource
  :Anything that might be identified by a URI or IRI.

[1] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/index.php?title=Terminology

Best Regards,

— Jonathan Jeon