Re: W3C (Harvard) References (was Re: Footnotes?)

Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com> writes:

> Looks pretty nice!
>
> Minor: The [] would normally be part of the link.

hmmm?   not in the W3C specs I see, like
http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-ref/

> Nicety: The footnote version uses a ^ to link back to the place that
> cited the reference.

The problem is that there might be multiple {{ref}}s for a single
{{refdef}}, so which one gets linked to?  We could have two kinds of
{{ref}}, one of which must be used exactly once, and the other of which
is used when you want additional uses.  {{ref2}} for secondary
references?  These usage constraints should be checked by any decent
HTML checker...

      -- Sandro