Re: [EXTERNAL] Updated site wicg.io

I didn't read that as a rant. Samsung does things different so they should
have a separate label. Brave does things different and should have a
different label. The differences have caused developer confusion which is a
fact.

Maybe the language "call Brave out" could be interpreted as strongly
worded, but if you follow the link, you'll see the article doesn't attack
Brave. It simply states, "A notable exception is Brave where it is
currently only available behind a flag," in a paragraph that lists
implementation details on a few different platforms. Pretty innocuous.

So you can take the negative interpretation of that language. Or you can
give a generous interpretation of the language. Or maybe even consider the
fact that the person writing it lives in another country and English might
not be their first language (I don't know for sure and don't presume to
speak for Thomas).

So I can see how you could have read the note about Brave as an attack, but
I suspect it didn't land that way for others. As an outsider without a
horse in the race, it definitely didn't seem like a rant to me. And without
landing that way, your reaction seemed out of proportion and off-topic for
the current discussion.

If I'm in the minority and others read the note as an attack on Brave, then
I’m sure Thomas will apologize, clean it up, and get us back on topic. I
sincerely doubt it was his intent to attack Brave.

Either way, I'm anxious to get back to the business of figuring out how we
can help people who visit the WICG figure out which incubators are still
active and which browser engines and their forks support those
specifications.

--
+1 (503) 290-1090 o | +1 (503) 502-7211 m | http://cloudfour.com | @grigs

My book, Progressive Web Apps