Re: Hello & a proposal

Hi Ashley,

On July 22, 2015 at 12:47:49 PM, Ashley Gullen (ashley@scirra.com) wrote:
> Hello WICG. This sounds like an interesting idea. I'm new to writing specs
> and this sounds like a useful place to participate.
>
> I wanted to bring up a small spec I drafted up recently:
> https://www.scirra.com/labs/specs/imagedata-conversion-extensions.html

This already looks like a great start. Nice work.

> I posted it to public-webapps, there was some discussion and feedback, I
> incorporated the feedback in to the spec, and then eventually discussion
> died off.

Ok, let's gather those links so we can see what feedback you got. Please post links to emails here so we can review them together.

> I really need the features proposed in that spec, but I'm not really
> familiar with the spec process and I don't really know what to do next.

Let's start with the above. We need you to articulate why you need it, why other sites need it (maybe even which ones), and if possible we need to show what various sites are already doing.

Here is a bit more detail about the process:
https://github.com/WICG/admin#contributing-new-proposals

> Should I hassle implementors? Should I wait and see?

Implementers are all here - no need to hassle anyone (hi from Mozilla!) :)

> Has everyone just
> forgotten about it? What's next? Any advice or guidance on where to go next
> with my spec draft would be appreciated.

We will help you pitch it. The document is missing the use cases, etc. Let's start by seeing what feedback you got already from public-webapps, then we can start bouncing it around a bit more.