Re: [whatwg] Accessing local files with JavaScript portably and securely

在 2017年04月18日 19:27, Ashley Sheridan 写道:

> On 18 April 2017 12:18:57 BST, duanyao <duanyao@ustc.edu> wrote:
>> 在 2017年04月18日 18:52, Ashley Sheridan 写道:
>> "xxx_files/"

>> `xxx_files/`

>> gets
>> themselves.
>>> *any* magic behavior is a sure-fire sign that something is wrong(TM)
>> Maybe. But there are occasions where magic is unavoidable. E.g. how to
>> infer the MIME type of a file? filename extension? magic numbers? all
>> are magic.
>>
>> If the barrier is not high enough, name it `xxx__webrun__/`.
> But when you're talking about security, which we are, relying on magic anything is potentially disastrous.
>
> You mention mime types and file extensions, both of which are not safe to rely on for anything related to security, hence there being entire libraries and frameworks to attempt to determine and test a files real type (windows still fails abysmally in this area though).
>
> Just relying on magic filenames *will* fail. Consider the scenario where a file is accidentally copied over the original entry html. Now it's associated with the wrong directory of assets and other 'linked' files. This new html entry point file could easily be an exploited file, looking to grab whatever data is being held locally on your machine.

If a local web app is really critical, it may be digitally signed to
prevent tampering.
For example, signatures and certifications can be placed in
`foo_files/META-INF/` or `foo_webrun/META-INF/`(like a signed jar).
A browser can detect change to any file within the web app when loading
and stops to run.

Signing with a self-signed cert should be enough to detect accident
damage, and browsers can do this every time it saves a web page.