Re: [whatwg] <menuitem>: Issue reported by the web developers

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 07:12:16 +0200
To: Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>
Cc: WHATWG <whatwg@whatwg.org>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Sanjoy Pal <sanjoy.pal@samsung.com>
On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 9:50 AM, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com> wrote:
> imply </menuitem>.) The label attribute be honored if specified, otherwise
> use the textContent with leading and trailing whitespace trimmed.
>
> This would allow either syntax unless I'm missing something.

File an issue on doing this?

Are Firefox and Chrome (behind a flag) implementing this feature
identical otherwise? Anything they don't implement from the <menu>
setup? It seems at this point we should cut our losses and remove
unimplemented markup features and defer to custom elements for the
foreseeable future.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/