Re: [whatwg] Proposal: Two changes to iframe@sandbox

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 6:11 AM, Mike West <mkwst@google.com> wrote:

> 2. Add a `allow-unsandboxed-auxiliary` keyword to those supported by the
> `sandbox` attribute, which, when present, would allow auxiliary browsing
> contexts created by `window.open` and `target="_blank"` links to create
> clean browsing contexts, unaffected by the sandbox which spawned them.

This flag is in the latest Chrome Canary,
behind chrome://flags/#enable-experimental-web-platform-features, if anyone
is interested in playing with the feature.

Given the generally positive response on this thread, WDYT about adding it
to HTML, hixie@?

I'd like to circle back to the `allow-modals` proposal once
https://www.chromestatus.com/metrics/feature/timeline/popularity/767 hits
stable and starts bringing in reliable data (~12 weeks). I'll ping the
thread again then. :)

-mike

--
Mike West <mkwst@google.com>, @mikewest

Google Germany GmbH, Dienerstrasse 12, 80331 München,
Germany, Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891, Sitz der
Gesellschaft: Hamburg, Geschäftsführer: Graham Law, Christine Elizabeth
Flores
(Sorry; I'm legally required to add this exciting detail to emails. Bleh.)