Re: [whatwg] Proposal: Two changes to iframe@sandbox

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 3:59 PM, Devdatta Akhawe <dev.akhawe@gmail.com>
wrote:

> 2. Add a `allow-unsandboxed-auxiliary` keyword to those supported by the
>> `sandbox` attribute, which, when present, would allow auxiliary browsing
>> contexts created by `window.open` and `target="_blank"` links to create
>> clean browsing contexts, unaffected by the sandbox which spawned them.
>>

> Why isn't a child iframe of the sandboxed iframe an auxiliary browsing
> context?

Because it's a nested browsing context. Auxiliary browsing contexts are
related to a context, but not through nesting:
https://html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/browsers.html#auxiliary-browsing-contexts.
It's just a definitional thing.

-mike

--
Mike West <mkwst@google.com>, @mikewest

Google Germany GmbH, Dienerstrasse 12, 80331 München,
Germany, Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891, Sitz der
Gesellschaft: Hamburg, Geschäftsführer: Graham Law, Christine Elizabeth
Flores
(Sorry; I'm legally required to add this exciting detail to emails. Bleh.)