Re: [whatwg] Case-sensitivity of CSS type selectors in HTML

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2015 09:59:32 -0400
To: whatwg@lists.whatwg.org
On 5/7/15 7:16 AM, Rune Lillesveen wrote:
> This adds an implementation complexity to type selector matching.
> What's the rationale for matching the selector case-sensitively in the
> svg case?

The idea is to allow the selector match to be done case-sensitively in
all cases so it can be done as equality comparison on interned string
representations instead of needing expensive case-insensitive matching
on hot paths in the style system.

> Should we change the spec in this regard?

To what, exactly?  What is your proposed behavior here?

-Boris