Re: [whatwg] Page refresh interface

From: Karl Dubost <karl@la-grange.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 16:28:37 +0900
To: Andrea Rendine <master.skywalker.88@gmail.com>, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>
Cc: WHATWG List <whatwg@whatwg.org>
Andrea, Simon,

> Le 25 mars 2015 à 23:08, Andrea Rendine <master.skywalker.88@gmail.com> a écrit :
>> I think Refresh as an HTTP header is not specified anywhere, so per spec
>> it shouldn't work. However I think browsers all support it, so it would be
>> good to specify it.
> Indeed. It was Netscape-specific but it's widespread now (that's why we
> have a <meta http-equiv="refresh"> "surrogate").

I was not so sure about the interest of documenting it, but after [digging into it][1].
There seems to be many Web Compatibility hacks around it.

Do we have stats on how frequent the `Refresh:` header is on the Web? HTTP Archive maybe?

[1]: http://www.otsukare.info/2015/03/26/refresh-http-header

--
Karl Dubost 🐄
http://www.la-grange.net/karl/