Re: [whatwg] HTML6 proposal for single-page apps without Javascript

Let's just leave the sharing out of this. There is no data as to *why* it
is being shared. All that is is a red-herring to the technical discussion.

Web Components are what you are looking for. Problem is, JS required.
However that isn't a deal-breaker in most projects. You make a custom
element that contains within it the standard paragraphs, headers, asides,
etc. and you can feed data into that. No problem. It is *exactly* what you
are describing except it takes an extra step of making a custom component.

> 75 million Wordpress sites and 200 million Tumblr blogs out there that
treat web pages as basic documents.

There is nothing restricting these sites from implementing web components
under the hood.

> And besides, there’s still the problem of having to download huge power
inefficient Javascript libraries.

No problem with web components, they are *built into the browser.*

> ... break semantics with custom elements ...

Semantics are only broken if you implement custom elements in a bad way.
Making your own custom element just to put data into an <h1> is doing it
incorrectly.