Re: [whatwg] HTML6 proposal for single-page apps without Javascript

> On Mar 20, 2015, at 7:12 AM, Jens Oliver Meiert <jens@meiert.com> wrote:
>
> So it’s already possible, right? :)

Maybe, with a lot of expensive Javascript coding.  Of course, anything is possible with a lot of expensive coding.  The goal should be to make it simple.  That’s why Facebook has 1.5 billion users while there are only a few hundred thousand front-end Javascript framework developers.

> Even if HTML would accommodate, how would we know we’re not just
> moving complexity from one end to the other? Would we want that? Why?
> *

The goal should be to make things simpler, not more complex.  People should pick up on it quickly.  Were you able to pick up on my example quickly?  How long would it take to learn a Javascript framework?

At the very least, the entire goal is to have browsers, by default & out-of-the-box, be able to serve pages as fast as possible. You’re competing against native apps that already do so, and you’re losing.  Those 10s of milliseconds are important to the user.

-bobby
---
Bobby Mozumder
Editor-in-Chief