[whatwg] preload="metadata" elements don't necessarily fire "canplay"

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 16:53:30 +1200
To: WHATWG <whatwg@whatwg.org>
In Gecko, <video preload="metadata"> doesn't fire "canplay". This is
allowed (encouraged, even) by the spec, since we can efficiently satisfy
preload="metadata" by stopping decoding after one frame, and if we only
decode one frame then readyState will not advance beyond HAVE_CURRENT_DATA.
However, this may be counterintuitive for Web developers. Also, Chrome
fires "canplay" in this situation (although that's probably part of the
"Chrome fires canplay and canplaythrough willy-nilly" bug). Anyone else
have an opinion on this?

Rob
owohooo
oioso