[whatwg] "resize" events on elements

From: Dean Jackson <dino@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 12:40:10 +1100
To: WHAT Working Group <whatwg@whatwg.org>
At the recent Houdini meeting there was a vague agreement between the browser engines on adding a way for elements to be notified when their size changes. We've run into a number of scenarios where this is extremely useful, and is otherwise difficult or annoying (e.g. checking your size on a timer).

The idea was to allow the resize event on elements. I don't really care what the solution is, so maybe someone here can come up with a better idea (size observers?). And of course there are a lot of details to be worked out.

If we settle on a solution fairly soon I will implement it in WebKit nightly builds so people can play.

Dean