Re: [whatwg] Obsolete Feature [hgroup]

From: Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 10:33:45 +0100
To: Barry Smith <bearzteez@live.com>, whatwg@whatwg.org
On 18.2.2015 0:15, Barry Smith wrote:
> I have read where the W3C has made the hgroup element obsolete,
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/obsolete.html#non-conforming-features
> .  I see the specification is still in the "WHATWG  HTML: The Living
> Standard" specifications.  Are there any plans to remove this element
> from the specification?  If not, as a web developer, I try extremely
> hard to follow protocol and create a valid and semantically correct
> document.  How should I handle this?

W3C version of HTML5 is more conservative with some controversial
features so from the perspective of authoring web pages I would suggest
following what W3C spec says, not WHATWG Living Standard.

				Jirka

     Professional XML and Web consulting and training services
DocBook/DITA customization, custom XSLT/XSL-FO document processing