[whatwg] Obsolete Feature [hgroup]

From: Barry Smith <bearzteez@live.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 18:15:09 -0500
To: <whatwg@whatwg.org>
 Hello,

I have read where the W3C has made the hgroup element obsolete, http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/obsolete.html#non-conforming-features .  I see the specification is still in the "WHATWG  HTML: The Living Standard" specifications.  Are there any plans to remove this element from the specification?  If not, as a web developer, I try extremely hard to follow protocol and create a valid and semantically correct document.  How should I handle this?

As far as validation, a document with the hgroup element will not pass when using the W3C Markup Validation Service.  However it will pass when using the https://html5.validator.nu/  validator.  Should I ignore the error I receive?

Thank You For Your Time,
Barry Smith