Re: [whatwg] Proposal: Allow disabling of default scroll restoration behavior

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 9:05 PM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> I'd strongly recommend against adding new methods. It'll mean we now have
> two different ways to do the same thing, which means more bugs, which
> means less interoperability, more confusing behaviour for authors, more to
> document, etc.

If the existing method didn't have the flaw with the title argument I
wouldn't have suggested it. Also, since they both built upon the same
primitive I think we'd be okay in the bugs and interop department.

> I think the original approach of adding a fourth argument is much better.
>
> It's also a better API in general, since the URL should always be given.
> If we had a one-argument form with a dictionary, people would consider not
> giving the URL but just disabling scrolling, which is suboptimal.

You can require arguments with dictionaries.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/