Re: [whatwg] Canvas image to blob/dataurl within Worker

On Sat, Apr 11, 2015 at 2:18 AM, Justin Novosad <junov@google.com> wrote:

> Riddle me this: What would be the value an HTMLImageElement's src attribute
> after an ImageBitmap is transferred in? A data URL? What if the ImageBitmap
> was sourced from an actual resource with a URL, would we pipe that
> through?  In cases where there is no tractable URL (ex: ImageBitmap was
> grabbed fram a tainted canvas), then what?

We have the same issue for HTMLMediaElement.srcObject:
http://dev.w3.org/2011/webrtc/editor/archives/20140619/getusermedia.html#widl-HTMLMediaElement-srcObject
The current approach is to leave 'src' unchanged, and the spec says that if
there is a current srcObject (or ImageBitmap in our case), render that and
ignore 'src'.

Rob
owohooo
oioso