Re: [whatwg] Proposal: Allow disabling of default scroll restoration behavior

Majid Valipour <majidvp@chromium.org> writes:

> For example a news site may want to always send user to the page top where
> top news are displayed regardless of where the user was before. This is
> currently being achieved by resorting to workarounds such as setting body
> size to 100% and using inner divs (e.g., CBC news
> <http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/>).

Note that many users consider breaking the back button an annoyance. I
do not want “take me back where I came from” to suddenly mean “take me
back where the site owner would like to me to get”. Especially with
“social” news feeds, following a link and then not being able to get
back to the position on the page you came from is very frustrating.

--
Nils Dagsson Moskopp // erlehmann
<http://dieweltistgarnichtso.net>