Re: [whatwg] Recorder audio and save to server

On 2015-04-07 03:29, Grover Blue wrote:
> I would convert PCM at client.  Not sure if this fits your needs, but heck
> out:
> https://github.com/audiocogs/ogg.js
>
> Definitely use websockets.  socket.io is what you want.
>
> You don't need another else.  Something to consider: if you've going to be
> playing back the recorded audio (or broadcasting it), I'd look into
> compressing it even more to optimize your bandwidth usage.

I'll second the use of websockets.
You might also want to look at
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20548629/how-can-i-use-opus-codec-from-javascript
The answer from Rainer Rillke is rather impressive and include FLAC and
Opus support via javascript frameworks.

I'd suggest FLAC for lossless audio and Ogg Opus for lossy, there are
also no licensing/royalty/patent issues with these codecs.
With Ogg Opus you may be able to leverage existing Opus support in the
browser.

--
Roger Hågensen, Freelancer, http://skuldwyrm.no/