Re: [whatwg] Notifications and service workers

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 12:21:25 -0700
To: Andrew Wilson <atwilson@google.com>
Cc: WHATWG <whatwg@whatwg.org>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Jake Archibald <jaffathecake@gmail.com>, Robert Bīndar <robertbindar@gmail.com>, Peter Beverloo <beverloo@google.com>
On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 12:14 PM, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
> For an app that uses non-persistent notifications, such as gmail, I
> think we have two options. Either use Notification.get() here too. Or
> we allow "close" events to be fired for non-persistent notifications.

Actually, I just realized that perhaps neither of these would work.

We've elsewhere in this thread talked about restricting
Notification.get() to only return persistent notifications.

And I think that on at least some platforms, possibly even most,
non-persistent notifications are closed after a timeout. So the
"close" event wouldn't indicate any user intent there.

/ Jonas