Re: [whatwg] URL: spec review - basic_parser

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 10:37 AM, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net> wrote:
> Given all of the above, would you suggest changing the spec or the expected
> test results?

You said "The expected results are an object that returns the original
href, but empty values for all other properties. I don't see this
behavior in the spec" but that is how the API works (more or less,
protocol would return ":").

You'd have to explain in a little more detail what you think is wrong
before I can answer this.

>> Looking at the first of those
>> http://intertwingly.net/stories/2014/10/13/urltest-results/eb3950fcc8
>> it seems something might be broken here on your end.
>
> Can you explain what you think is broken?  It isn't completely obvious, but
> the input string in that case contains U+200B, U+2060, U+FEFF:

Sure, but 1) per IDNA those are ignored, and 2) urltestdata.txt does
not contain the output you have for "whatwg".

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/