Re: [whatwg] Notifications and service workers

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 7:31 PM, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
> Interesting. Though if we don't need an event for .close() being
> called, I suspect we won't need one for a notification being replace.
> It seems somewhat rare that either of these things would provide
> significant use to the app if the notification is going away soon
> anyway.
>
> Also, BroadcastChannel was created to allow people to handle these
> types of things themselves if needed. So we're not leaving people
> without a workaround if for some reason there is a use case here.

Fair. Removed the close event.

In https://github.com/slightlyoff/ServiceWorker/issues/505 I'm working
out the exact hooks with Jungkee to make the new setup work with
service workers. The Notifications API contains a draft of how I think
it should work. Perhaps any new review comments from now on should be
in a new thread. To keep things somewhat organized.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/