Re: [whatwg] getting rid of anonymizing redirects

From: Peter Lepeska <bizzbyster@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2014 11:52:47 -0400
To: Ilya Grigorik <igrigorik@gmail.com>
Cc: WHAT Working Group <whatwg@whatwg.org>, Chris Bentzel <cbentzel@google.com>, public-web-perf@w3.org
Okay. I assumed more granular control would be needed but if not then this
works great.

Thanks,

Peter

From:  Ilya Grigorik <igrigorik@gmail.com>
Date:  Wednesday, October 8, 2014 at 11:43 AM
To:  Peter Lepeska <bizzbyster@gmail.com>
Cc:  Chris Bentzel <cbentzel@google.com>, WHAT Working Group
<whatwg@whatwg.org>, <public-web-perf@w3.org>
Subject:  Re: [whatwg] getting rid of anonymizing redirects

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 11:36 AM, Peter Lepeska <bizzbyster@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does this have implications for resource hints? Do we want the ability to
> specify łnoreferrer˛ for prerendered pages? Currently noreferrer only applies
> to the <a> tag.

My understanding is that you set a global policy, which would apply to all
requests:
https://w3c.github.io/webappsec/specs/content-security-policy/#directive-ref
errer

e.g. Content-Security-Policy: referrer no-referrer; (or equivalent meta
element)

ig