Re: [whatwg] Notifications: making requestPermission() return a promise

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 9:51 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> The question is whether it's not natural to assume that *if the promise
> fulfills*, that means they got permission. This allows them to do things
> like using Promise.all() to join multiple permission requests together and
> get a nice combined promise that fulfills when everything succeeds, or write
> a nice straight success path that assumes permission, and then handle any
> errors, including denied permission, at the end, rather than interleaving
> error-handling logic into the middle of your code.

Okay, given that question I agree it's natural to assume that this
happens when it resolves. However, a user declining permission is not
exceptional behavior and therefore should not cause an exception. In
synchronous code you would not want to write try/catch here.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/