Re: [whatwg] getting rid of anonymizing redirects

From: Peter Lepeska <bizzbyster@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 08:28:45 -0400
To: Chris Bentzel <cbentzel@google.com>, WHAT Working Group <whatwg@whatwg.org>, <public-web-perf@w3.org>
Hi Chris,

Looks like this is already supported:
https://html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/semantics.html#link-type-noreferrer.

Just need to educate web developers to you use it.

Peter

From:  Chris Bentzel <cbentzel@google.com>
Date:  Tuesday, October 7, 2014 at 8:07 AM
To:  Peter Lepeska <bizzbyster@gmail.com>, WHAT Working Group
<whatwg@whatwg.org>, <public-web-perf@w3.org>
Subject:  Re: getting rid of anonymizing redirects

There's meta referrer on the document. Combining this with <a ping> or
Beacon for click tracking may remove many of the needs for redirects. Or do
you want something that is per-link rather than per-document?