Re: [whatwg] Expose XMLHttpRequest [Fetch?] priority

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 7:24 PM, Ilya Grigorik <igrigorik@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 4:48 PM, Chad Austin <caustin@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Does HTTP 2.0's dependency graph + weights system allow traditional
>> priority semantics?  That is, higher-priority resources would be serviced
>> before lower-priority resources, unless resource capacity remains available.
>

> Yes, that's exactly how its defined. See:
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-14#section-5.3

Hi Ilya,

I don't see a way to set a priority value in there.  The specific wording
is "Streams can be prioritized by marking them as dependent on the,
completion of other streams".

I see that a client can specify the weight of a stream and you can say that
a stream depends on another stream.  Neither of those are what I want.  I
simply want to specify priorities of a bunch of requests.  How would I do
that in HTTP 2.0?

Thanks for any clarification you can provide,

--
Chad Austin
http://chadaustin.me