Re: [whatwg] [url] Feedback from TPAC

From: David Singer <singer@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2014 15:19:04 +0000
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Cc: WhatWG <whatwg@whatwg.org>, Graham Klyne <gk@ninebynine.org>

On Nov 2, 2014, at 20:05 , Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net> wrote:

> Third, here's a completely different approach to defining URLs that produces the same results (modulo one parse error that Anne agrees[2] should changed in be in the WHATWG spec):
>
> http://intertwingly.net/projects/pegurl/url.html#url

I rather like this.  The readability is much better (I am not a fan of the current trend of writing specifications in pseudo-basic, which makes life easier for implementers and terrible for anyone else, including authors), and I also think that an approach that doesn’t obsolete RFC 3986 is attractive.

David Singer
Manager, Software Standards, Apple Inc.