Re: [whatwg] allow <link> in body + DOM position as a rendering hint

Ilya wrote:
> 1) allow link tags in the body
> 2) add a note to implementors: consider treating link tags in body as a
> hint to the UA that what is above the link tag (in DOM order) should not be
> blocked on painting

This seems like a sensible proposal to me. The fact that this just codifies existing browser behaviour (and developer usage) makes it a classic example of "paving the cowpaths".

To clarify, should the second point ("hint to the UA that what is above the link tag should not be blocked") apply specifically to rel="stylesheet", or should it apply to any rel values? (like rel="import" that Steve mentioned)

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Keith

a d a c t i o