Re: [whatwg] brand-color meta extension

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 15:03:19 -0700
To: Tao Bai <michaelbai@google.com>
Cc: "whatwg@whatwg.org" <whatwg@whatwg.org>
On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 9:23 AM, Tao Bai <michaelbai@google.com> wrote:
> Shall we enforce brand-color in head elements? it could make the
> brand-color loaded ASAP, just like the favicon.

Not needed, imo.  If you put it in the head (or at least, early in the
body), it'll get read early; if you put it late, it'll be read late.
Since the first valid one gets used, if you put one in the head the
browser doesn't have to worry about parsing to the end just in case
someone put another declaration at the bottom of the document.

them to be in the <head> when they're not being used for Microdata.

~TJ