Re: [whatwg] Handling of redirect responses to non-simple CORS requests

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 20:36:19 +0200
To: Utkarsh Upadhyay <musically.ut@gmail.com>
Cc: WHATWG <whatwg@whatwg.org>
On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 5:59 PM, Utkarsh Upadhyay
<musically.ut@gmail.com> wrote:
> However, because all redirect responses to non-simple HTTP requests result
> in error, this cannot work except for GET (and HEAD?) requests. Now I am
> interested in finding out why this decision was made.

Mostly because with preflight fetches everything gets more
complicated. We did leave the door open to potentially allow this at
some point, provided we figure out a sane protocol, but left it out
initially for simplicity.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/