Re: [whatwg] SVG cloning elements from HTML5

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 11:01:19 -0700
To: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Cc: WHATWG <whatwg@lists.whatwg.org>
On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 2:16 AM, David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk> wrote:
> If the parser is changing here could we also change it so that HTML elements
> don't auto close math
> for which there was also only ever fragile justification.

Yes, no reason to exclude math here. It should be consistent.

> It would make far
> more sense if the html elements
> that currently close math just acted as if they were wrapped in mtext (and
> so rendered normally, within the math)

Or, slightly better, also define a "math layout mode", which currently
only math elements can activate via hidden, unseeable magic
(currently).  Then define how other layout modes act when inserted
into the math layout model, like we're doing with the svg layout
model.

~TJ