Re: [whatwg] brand-color meta extension

From: Mathias Bynens <mathiasb@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 22:24:47 +0200
To: Domenic Denicola <domenic@domenicdenicola.com>
Cc: "whatwg@whatwg.org" <whatwg@whatwg.org>, Tao Bai <michaelbai@google.com>
On 26 Jun 2014, at 20:45, Domenic Denicola <domenic@domenicdenicola.com> wrote:

> I would like to reiterate that "brand-" is not a good prefix for this purpose. It has nothing to do with brands, and much more to do with the app or with system integration.

Major +1 here, seeing as this feedback was ignored before. Just `color` is simpler and makes much more sense.

Interesting to see this would be only the second HTML attribute value to get parsed as a simple color (http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/common-microsyntaxes.html#simple-color) rather than a legacy color (the other one being `<input type=color value=foo>`).