Re: [whatwg] SVG cloning elements from HTML5

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 09:48:38 -0700
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Cc: www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>, WHATWG List <whatwg@whatwg.org>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 9:44 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 6:35 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
>> (The current proposal would place all the direct HTML children of SVG
>> elements on top of each other, similar to abspos, but grandchildren
>> would render normally, in a CSS layout model.)
>
> Isn't content outside of <svg> clipped though?

Ugh, yeah, <svg> is overflow:hidden by default.

How many of these crazy sites were there? I'd hate to flounder on such
an important change due to just a handful of idiotically-authored
sites.  Better integration of HTML and SVG (and blocking any further
element copying beyond the four existing elements) is really
important.

~TJ