Re: [whatwg] Fetch: use separate methods instead of one `to` method in FetchBodyStream

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 6:57 PM, Jussi Kalliokoski
<jussi.kalliokoski@gmail.com> wrote:

> var doesFetchSupportJson = function () {
>     return fetch("data:application/json;base64,e30=").then(function
> (response) {
>         return response.body.to("json");
>     }).then(function () {
>         return true;
>     }).catch(function () {
>         return false;
>     });
> };

I agree with this. We're told time and again that feature detection is
important, as is the ability to polyfill. It seems like the current
API fails both these tests.

The above code shows that it can be worked around, but only asynchronously.

What is the advantage of the current design? The number of functions
is very indicative of complexity, so I don't see a reason to avoid
having separate functions rather than string arguments here.

/ Jonas