Re: [whatwg] Proposal: Inline pronounce element

Brett wrote:
> I think it'd be a lot easier for sites, say along the lines of
> Wikipedia, to support inline markup to allow users to get a word
> referenced at the beginning of an article, for example, pronounced
> accurately.

Wikipedia can easily use data:... if it needs to.
And wiktionary already has a solution...

A better challenge is explaining to a screen reader if "read" is "rEd" or "rehD" in a page where you want to define and use both. I claim that this can be addressed with id= on the link and a ref= (or similar) on the use.

But before User Agents should be asked to support this, I'd want to see real sites showing an interest.

Screen Reader vendors seem ok with the current state - they sell the pronunciation tables...