Re: [whatwg] Proposal: toDataURL “image/png” compression control

Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 10:16 AM, Justin Novosad <junov@google.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 1:46 PM, Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org> wrote:
>>
>> > On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 1:25 PM, Justin Novosad <junov@google.com>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > I think this proposal falls short of enshrining.  The cost of adding this
>> >>

>> > I don't think the cost is ever really miniscule.
>> >

>> https://codereview.chromium.org/290893002
>

> That's implementation cost to you :-)
> Now we need to convince the other vendors. Do they want it, want more, want
> it in a different way?

As an author, I do not see why I should ever want to tell a browser
losslessly encoding an image any other quality argument different from
„maximum speed“ or „minimum size“ – on a cursory look, anything else
would probably not be interoperable. Also, is 0.5 the default value?

--
Nils Dagsson Moskopp // erlehmann
<http://dieweltistgarnichtso.net>