Re: [whatwg] Proposal: navigator.launchURL

From: Konstantin Welke <Konstantin.Welke@citrix.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 12:14:47 +0000
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, "Adam Barth" <w3c@adambarth.com>
Cc: WHATWG <whatwg@whatwg.org>
Hi!

On 7/16/14, 1:24 PM, "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:
>On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 12:28 AM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

>>Introducing a new API that literally doesn't do anything you can't
>>already do is a pretty high cost, IMHO.
>It seems there are some potential differences:

Ian and Adam, what do you think about the points raised by Anne and me?

For the window.open approach that you proposed, how would the API look
like?

What would the API return if an external app was launched?

Cheers,
Kosta

--
Cheers,
Konstantin Welke

Work better. Live better.
Citrix Online Germany GmbH | Erzbergerstr. 117 | D-76133 Karlsruhe
Geschäftsführer: Tommy Ahlers | David Zalewski | Michael DiFilippo
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Karlsruhe | Registergericht: Amtsgericht Mannheim
HRB 713721
Citrix Online UK Ltd <http://www.citrixonline.com/imprint-en.tmpl>