[whatwg] Adding obsolete elements/attributes to indexes

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 08:37:56 -0800
To: whatwg@lists.whatwg.org
Hi,

The HTML spec has an Index section, with tables of all existing
elements, attributes, and other things. I find this very helpful.

When considering what Servo should implement, I mistakenly concluded
that <li> elements do not have a 'type' attribute, based on the Index.
They in fact do, as specified in the Obsolete features section.

That such features are in the spec at all, even though authors "must
not" use them, probably means that Servo needs to implement them.
However these features are not mentioned at all outside of the Obsolete
features section, to itís not easy to discover that they even exist if
one does not think of look for Obsolete features specifically.

To help with "discoverability" of obsolete features by implementers, Iíd
like them to be included in the Index sectionís tables.

--
Simon Sapin