Re: [whatwg] Document.title for SVG documents

On Sat, 1 Feb 2014, Cameron McCormack wrote:

> Currently, HTML defines Document.title on SVG documents to defer to
> whatever the SVG specification defines for SVGDocument.title.  The
> SVGDocument interface has gone away, so this will need to be updated.
> From some basic testing, it looks like SVG needs the same behaviour as
> HTML -- first <title> element in the document, plus the white space
> collapsing behaviour.
>
> Do you want to just handle that all in HTML?  I'm not sure there's much
> value to duplicating either the searching for the title element or the
> white space collapsing behaviour in SVG itself.

I'm all for handling it in one place. What precisely do you want the
behaviour to be? (Consider HTML-in-SVG and SVG-in-HTML also -- "the first
<svg:title> element" may come after "the first <html:title> element", and
vice versa. Also consider when one or the other is "primary" but the
relevant element is absent.)