Re: [whatwg] Notifications: the ability to specify notifications behavior

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 9:18 AM, Robert Bindar <robertbindar@gmail.com> wrote:
> My thought is to firstly introduce a small package of behaviors that
> would include "lights", "vibration" and "disrupting"
> (and maybe "noclear" too).
> The default value for all these 3 behaviors is false.

I don't think we'll want to default "lights" and "vibration" to false.
And I still have concerns that exposing "vibration" as a boolean could
mean that a notification goes completely silent, even though neither
the user or the application intended for that.

Also, how is "disrupting" intended to work? As I understand it, the
current spec already defines that if you create a notification using a
tag of an already-existing notification, that it just updates that
notification without otherwise notifying the user.

So how are you envisioning that disrupting would alter that behavior?

/ Jonas