Re: [whatwg] `brand-color` meta extension

On 06/26/2014 12:50 PM, Tobie Langel wrote:

>> Moved your text here:
>>
>> https://github.com/whatwg/meta-brand-color
>
> Could we change the name to something a tad more neutral and
> extendable, e.g.: ua-background-color? Like that, people that use the
> Web for things other than brand promotion don't feel offended, and we
> can add ua-color once devs start requesting it while keeping
> consistent with CSS.

It's not the UA's color you're after here, it's the page's own
theming color, right? So theme-color or accent-color might make
more sense.

As a note, an old version of css3-ui used the term 'flavor' for
something similar. Unsure about following that precendent.

As another note, a request for something similar came up on the
CSSWG ML just recently:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2014Jul/0131.html
In that case it's about retrieving the OS's notion of this color.

~fantasai