Re: [whatwg] Notifications improvements

On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 10:08 AM, Andrew Wilson <atwilson@google.com> wrote:
> I understand your concern that is driving this proposal: you don't
> want to provide rich APIs that can't be well implemented on every
> platform, and thereby fragment the web platform. I just don't want to
> see us go down this path of adding these new notification types that
> are so limited in ability that people will just keep using general
> notifications anyway - I'd rather just stick with the existing API.

Are you unenthusiastic about any of the proposed additions (what about
those already added?) or is this more about the more "complex"
features such as indication of progress?

Having a new field timestamp that carries a particular point in time
related to the message seems quite useful for instance and not very
intrusive.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/