Re: [whatwg] Proposal: q and qq for document.querySelector and document.querySelectorAll

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 7:18 AM, Niels Keurentjes <
niels.keurentjes@omines.com> wrote:

> The spec should only concern itself with exposing functionality. Practical
> considerations such as length of code are the responsibility of the
> developer - if you like to have q and qq aliases you can add them yourself
> at runtime, that's the whole point of a prototyped language. Common
> libraries like jQuery, prototype and Mootools expose the behaviour as $ and
> $$ for exactly the reason given, no reason to impose that on every
> developer if they choose not to use a library.

This is nonsense.  Usability and practicality are absolutely concerns of
the spec.  If libraries like jQuery need to be used for it to be convenient
to develop for the platform, and everyone has different and incompatible
convenience wrappers for everything, then that's a failure of the platform.

(I don't think this proposal is a good idea, though.)

--
Glenn Maynard