Re: [whatwg] Zip archives as first-class citizens

From: Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 13:31:07 +0200
To: Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org>
Cc: Alexandre Morgaut <Alexandre.Morgaut@4d.com>, WHATWG <whatwg@whatwg.org>
On 13.9.2013 12:10, Robin Berjon wrote:
> I would rather we figured this out without <link>, but apart from the
> indirection I reckon this approach has some nice properties and might
> work if more direct ones don't.

Also don't forget that while linking is the hardest part of this ZIP
circus there is another missing piece -- normative definition of
portable and RF subset of ZIP. SC34 started some initial work on such
ZIP profile recently:

http://www.itscj.ipsj.or.jp/sc34/open/1855.pdf

So if some sort of ZIP packaging spec should to appear then it should
reference such subset of ZIP not the full definition of ZIP format from
PKWare.

				Jirka