Re: [whatwg] High-density canvases

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 02:04:56 -0700
To: "Robert O'Callahan" <robert@ocallahan.org>
Cc: Stephen White <senorblanco@chromium.org>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Dean Jackson <dino@apple.com>, Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com>, WHAT Working Group <whatwg@whatwg.org>
On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 1:20 AM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:
>> for
>>
>> I believe pinch zoom should not change devicePixelRatio. It would be nice
>> if there was a standard way to determine pinch zoom though and if the
>> canvas could automatically resize.
>>

> Pinch-zoom is hard because we don't want to trigger reflows or other
> expensive behavior on pinch-zoom. I'd leave pinch-zoom out of it for now.

Yes.  Somewhere (HTML? CSSOM? CSSOM-View?) needs to define
"layout-affecting zoom" and "visual zoom", define what goes where, and
then we can just hook things to "layout-affecting zoom" and be done
with it.

(I think dbaron had some name suggestions, or at least some name
*objections*, related to this stuff.)

~TJ