Re: [whatwg] onclose events for MessagePort

From: Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 11:23:02 +0200
To: "Ehsan Akhgari" <ehsan@mozilla.com>
Cc: WHAT Working Group <whatwg@lists.whatwg.org>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Gene Lian <clian@mozilla.com>
On Thu, 10 Oct 2013 17:22:32 +0200, Ehsan Akhgari <ehsan@mozilla.com>
wrote:

>> Does navigation disentangle ports? I don't think it necessarily does, at
>> least per spec.
>

> The current spec doesn't mention what happens in the case of navigation
> in
> the owner for a port as far as I can tell.  But I consider that a bug in
> the spec -- navigation _should_ disentangle ports.

Why?

How would it work? If the port gets disentangled, it means the document
has to set the salvegeable flag to false, so that navigating back doesn't
put the document in a broken state. Do browsers do that? Is it the best
thing to do?

What if another document also has a reference to the port, does it still
get disentangled when the owner gets navigated?

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software