Re: [whatwg] Questions regarding Path object

From: Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 08:41:26 -0800
To: Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com>
Cc: "whatwg@lists.whatwg.org" <whatwg@lists.whatwg.org>, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
On Nov 13, 2013, at 2:53 PM, Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com> wrote:

> [resending because of a bounced message]
>
> DrawingPath is saying the same thing twice.
> Maybe DOMDrawing is better? (with "drawing" the definition of
> http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/drawing?q=drawing)

I disagree. http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/path_1?q=path

1) A Path is following a track.
2) Drawing is actually putting something visual on a surface.

The former is true, the latter is not. Since the Path is not drawing anything but is just a simple representation of segments, the term “drawing” is misleading. Then it seems to be a verb, even though the segment representation isn’t doing anything.

I know, I am not helping with that. Seriously, I do not believe that the first thing crossing the mind of randomly asked people on Path is file structure or URL.

Greetings,
Dirk