Re: [whatwg] CanvasRenderingContext2D with addPath, currentPath

The latest Safari is shipping currentPath and Blink has implemented it
behind a runtime flag.
Could we put this in the specification?

the proposal is for a new attribute on the 2d canvas rendering context:

attribute Path currentPath;

This attribute would give you a non-live/copy of the current path in device
space.
You can also set a path, again in device space (meaning that the current
CTM would not be applied).

For instance:

var ctx = ...getContext("2d");

ctx.scale(2, 2);

ctx.moveTo(10, 10);

ctx.lineTo(100, 10);

var p = ctx.currentPath;

Path p would contain a line from (20, 20) to (200, 20)

Likewise:

var p = new Path();

p.moveTo(10, 10);
p.lineTo(100, 10);
ctx.scale(2, 2);

ctx.currentPath = p;

The rendering context would have a line from (10, 10) to (100, 10)